SCE LifeWorks is currently accepting cover letters & resumes for:
(13 Month Term)
SCE LifeWorks is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for a full time, 13 month term Job Coach position.
The job coach works Monday- Friday from 8:30 – 3:30, and is paid 40 hours a week due to the being on site and providing support to people for the duration of each shift.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementing person centered plans and training techniques to obtain desired job performance and work behaviours.
- Identifying, developing and implementing natural supports, modifying job duties and work environment to accommodate individual needs and abilities.
- Organizing job tasks and task schedules so that all required work is completed at the site.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with site host contacts and employees.
- Ensuing required safety standards are adhered to.
- Recording job performance and work behaviours for required reports.
- Collaborating with Employment Consultants and taking direction from the Coordinator of Work Experience Services.
The successful candidate must possess:
- A clear criminal record and child abuse registry check
- Experience working with individuals with an intellectual disability
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working in a professional environment
- The ability to work effectively with little supervision
- Some post-secondary education in a related field is preferred but not essential
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Jennifer Everard, Work Experience Services Coordinator
Fax: 783-2555; email@example.com
* * * * *
Working at SCE LifeWorks
How many people are lucky enough to love their work?
SCE LifeWorks supports people labeled with intellectual disabilities to find their valued place in the community
How many people have a job that makes a difference in someone’s life? Develop a Career with meaning with SCE LifeWorks.
SCE LifeWorks provides:
· Excellent opportunities for training and development.
· Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
· A cost-shared, comprehensive benefits package.
· A generous, cost-shared pension plan
Staff who are part of the SCE LifeWorks team are:
· Work well independently as well as a team
· Philosophically supportive of community integration
· Good Problem Solvers