Individualized Support Worker positions
SCE LifeWorks is seeking Individualized Support Workers to provide support to persons with a developmental disability. These are permanent positions working 8:30 am to 3:30 pm Monday through Friday. Because Individualized Support Workers support people for the entire shift (e.g. lunch break is with the person supported), Individualized Support Workers work 7 hours each day but are paid for 8 hours.
SCE LifeWorks is seeking employees who will bring:
- a positive and upbeat energy
- a demonstrated reliable work history
- a commitment to the philosophy of SCE LifeWorks
- positive employment references
Working together with the support team, the Individualized Support Worker will modify job duties as necessary to accommodate the supported person's needs and abilities, provide instruction and support in daily living, personal care, and hygiene as needed, assist the supported person with making purchases, discover and respond to individual choices, provide assistance to develop and pursue individual interests and learn new skills, and assist with activities that build and maintain general health and well-being. Support is provided in inclusive settings in the community.
A vehicle is required for some open positions.
Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to:
Ann Kupfer, Manager of Individualized Support Services
* * *
Working at SCE LifeWorks
How many people are lucky enough to love their work?
SCE LifeWorks supports people labeled with intellectual disabilities to find their valued place in the community
How many people have a job that makes a difference in someone’s life? Develop a Career with meaning with SCE LifeWorks.
SCE LifeWorks provides:
· Excellent opportunities for training and development.
· Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
· A cost-shared, comprehensive benefits package.
· A generous, cost-shared pension plan
Staff who are part of the SCE LifeWorks team are:
· Work well independently as well as a team
· Philosophically supportive of community integration
· Good Problem Solvers