24 Month Term Position Posting
Manager, Employment Development & Public Relations
SCE LifeWorks is a non-profit organization with a Mission to support people with intellectual/developmental disabilities to work and participate in the community.
The Manager’s responsibilities include the development of employment opportunities for the people we serve, the promotion of SCE LifeWorks’ services to businesses/employers and other key stakeholders, and for coordination and planning of events that will increase SCE Lifeworks’ profile in the community. The successful candidate will possess:
- a belief that individuals labeled with intellectual/developmental disabilities deserve the opportunity to work in the community;
- excellent relationship-building skills, particularly with the business community; ability to maintain and build upon relationships;
- an ability to represent SCE LifeWorks and the people we serve in a professional manner;
- a drive to produce positive employment outcomes for the people we serve;
- strong marketing skills including an working knowledge of current engagement tools;
- energetic and outgoing personality;
- ability to work with minimal supervision;
- demonstrated ability in event planning;
- demonstrated flexibility and an ability to work as a team player;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for work;
- Clear criminal, adult and child abuse registry checks;
- preferred: an undergraduate degree in marketing or a related field
We have a cost-shared benefits package and pension plan.
The hired candidate, if successful in the role, will be considered for term renewal.
Please submit resume and cover letter by Monday February 24, 2020 to:
Oly Backstrom, Pres/CEO
227-530 Century St.
Fax: 204 783 2555
* * *
Project SEARCH Skills Trainer Term to June 30, 2020
HSC Winnipeg site
Project SEARCH is an exciting work focused transition program for high school students labeled with a developmental disability. In Project SEARCH HSC Winnipeg, students are embedded in the hospital for what would be their last year of high school. SCE LifeWorks is celebrating eight years of playing the lead role in the first Project SEARCH in Canada.
We now have an exciting opportunity at the Health Sciences Centre site as a Project SEARCH Skills Trainer. Employment start date is immediate and will culminate on June 30, 2020.
Skills Trainers in the HSC Winnipeg program support interns throughout the hospital environment—in offices, patient areas, foods services areas, and more; duties include provision of work experience training & task analysis support to interns. Successful candidate attributes include:
- We’re looking for a people person: Positive, professional & engaging working demeanor
- Creative thinker: problem solver; initiator; excited by challenges; works w/ min. supervision
- Team player: Demonstrated flexibility & ability to work with others
- Strong computer skills: ipad; GoogleDrive; MS Office
- Communicator: Excellent verbal/written comm. skills, but also ability to read behavior as communication
- Experience training/teaching people w/intellectual disabilities &/or autism to learn new skills
- Preferred: human services degree or equiv. combined education & experience
SCE LifeWorks offers cost-shared benefits.
Submit cover letter & resume by noon, Friday, February 21, 2020 (Apply ASAP; interviewing/hiring might take place before deadline) to:
Teacher, Project SEARCH HSC Winnipeg
Supported Employment Services is Hiring!
SCE LifeWorks is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for one full time permanent Employment Consultant position and one full time term Employment Consultant position ending July 17, 2020.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- providing vocational support; career exploration, job development, on the job training and follow-up support
- building and maintaining relationships with participants, employers, families and residential service providers
- case management; provide the necessary support to assist participants in reaching their goals
- administrative duties; maintaining data base and participant files
Qualifications for the position include:
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities and some post-secondary education in a related field.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, representing SCE LifeWorks.
- Ability to build positive and successful relationships with the business sector.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and also work positively with other team members towards service and organizational goals.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for work.
- Clear Criminal, Adult and Child Abuse Registry checks
- American Sign Language (ASL) is an asset.
Deadline for applications is Monday February 3rd, 4:30 p.m.
Please submit cover letter and resume to:
Acting Team Leader of Supported Employment Services
* * *
Working at SCE LifeWorks
How many people are lucky enough to love their work?
SCE LifeWorks supports people labeled with intellectual disabilities to find their valued place in the community
How many people have a job that makes a difference in someone’s life? Develop a Career with meaning with SCE LifeWorks.
SCE LifeWorks provides:
· Excellent opportunities for training and development.
· Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
· A cost-shared, comprehensive benefits package.
· A generous, cost-shared pension plan
Staff who are part of the SCE LifeWorks team are:
· Work well independently as well as a team
· Philosophically supportive of community integration
· Good Problem Solvers