SCE LifeWorks is currently accepting cover letters and resumes for a full time permanent Employment Consultant position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- providing vocational support; career exploration, job development, on the job training and follow-up support
- building and maintaining relationships with participants, employers, families and residential service providers
- case management; provide the necessary support to assist participants in reaching their goals
- administrative duties; maintaining data base and participant files
Qualifications for the position include:
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities and some post-secondary education in a related field.
- Ability to work in a professional manner, representing SCE LifeWorks.
- Ability to build positive and successful relationships with the business sector.
- Ability to prioritize duties and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and also work positively with other team members towards service and organizational goals.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle for work.
- Clear Criminal, Adult and Child Abuse Registry checks
- American Sign Language (ASL) is an asset.
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, December 12th at 4:30pm
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Acting Team Leader of Supported Employment Services
* * *
Working at SCE LifeWorks
How many people are lucky enough to love their work?
SCE LifeWorks supports people labeled with intellectual disabilities to find their valued place in the community
How many people have a job that makes a difference in someone’s life? Develop a Career with meaning with SCE LifeWorks.
SCE LifeWorks provides:
· Excellent opportunities for training and development.
· Opportunities for advancement within the organization.
· A cost-shared, comprehensive benefits package.
· A generous, cost-shared pension plan
Staff who are part of the SCE LifeWorks team are:
· Work well independently as well as a team
· Philosophically supportive of community integration
· Good Problem Solvers