If you want to build skills or volunteer, our Work Experience & Personal Development Services may be what you are looking for. This service option is for individuals who may need longer than one year to become competitively employed, or for various reasons, are not interested or able to work at a competitive rate. These individuals may decide to volunteer in the community or develop work experiences that will help build the skills needed to become successfully employed.
No matter which service program is accessed, the staff at SCE LifeWorks will work together with the people we support by:
· Accessing employment options and community activities.
· Encouraging relationships and maximizing the use of natural
· Promoting community awareness of individual capabilities.
· Ensuring individuals are ready to enter the workplace, or will work on
developing any areas requiring extra supports.
· Ensuring career long access through ongoing follow-up and
SCE LifeWorks recognizes that every individual has unique goals and ambitions and that families often play a very important role in supporting individuals to make informed decisions. We encourage parents and other family members to work with us to create opportunities for the inclusion of persons with intellectual disabilities. Building an effective support network is essential in creating a positive environment for the people we support.